Monday, November 09, 2009

Do I need a fill valve?

Depending on local code, your backflow preventer might require a fill valve (also known as a pressure valve). You will need to check your local codes to be sure. The fill valve is a valve that fills the boiler with water from your source (most likely the public water source). Most fill valves are pre-set to 30 psi, and to make installation easier, you can even get a combination of a backflow preventer and fill valve.

Backflow preventers and pressure valves can be found at